There is a maximum of 555 entries for this competition! The dream of many Spitfire fans – an absolute flight of a lifetime.
The winner can choose to take the flight from either Sywell, Northamptonshire, or Headcorn, Kent.
— Experience Description:
Chocks away! Get ready to relive history with the flight of a lifetime, aboard one of only 53 Spitfire airworthy models left in the world. To this day, the sight and sound of the Spitfire is like no other. Epitomising Britain’s fighting spirit during the Battle of Britain and WWII, its Rolls Royce Merlin Engine and graceful cockpit cover are instantly recognisable as Britain’s front line fighter in the darkest of times.
With a 30-minute chock-to-chock passenger flight and 20 minutes airborne, you’ll get to experience everything from the roar of the engine to spellbinding views out over its iconic elliptical wing. Flown by a current or ex-RAF pilot, you can rest assured you’ll be in safe hands, and as your location benefits from no commercial traffic, you’ll feel like you have the skies all to yourself. The aerodrome has plenty of space, so bring along all your friends and family to witness you on this unforgettable experience.
- 30-minute chock-to-chock passenger flight on an iconic WWII Spitfire
- Enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime experience in one of only 53 airborne Spitfires
- Stunning views over the iconic elliptical wing
- Essential safety briefing and equipment throughout
- Excellent viewing of the runway and aircraft for your family and friends
- Squadron Print signed by your pilot after the flight
- Experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card
*All flights are subject to availability, weather conditions and air traffic control.
** Please note: The provider of this experience, AeroLegends is not affiliated with Spitfire Competitions Ltd. Upon winning, you will receive a pre-paid voucher for you to book this experience at a date of your choice. **
COVID-19: No flight experiences or tours will be taking place until the disruption has passed, however you will be able to book and schedule your flight for a future date – for over a year in advance!