There is a maximum of 222 entries for this competition! An absolutely fantastic experience of a lifetime you do not want to miss out on!
— Experience Description:
Fly in our dedicated GA8 ‘chase plane’ passenger aircraft and join one of our Spitfires in the skies above Kent. Soon after take off, the Spitfire will join alongside you and fly on both sides of the aircraft, providing spectacular opportunities to take video or photographs through the large windows.
The Chase Plane is a high-wing aircraft so there are no obstructions of the view as you get an unrivalled view of the Spitfire and Kent countryside steeped in Battle of Britain history, before returning to RAF Biggin Hill – the most pivotal fighter station in the battle.
Once you’re back on the ground you can meet your Spitfire pilot and pose for pictures with the aircraft.
As part of your visit you will also enjoy a guided tour of the largest Spitfire restoration facility in the world and see our Spitfire engineers working on warbird projects from all over the world
- Allow up to an hour and a half for the whole experience.
- Total flight time is 20 minutes with a minimum of 10 minutes spent in formation alongside a single seater Spitfire.
- Passenger weight must not exceed 110 Kg / 17 Stone 4 lbs.
- There are no age restrictions
- All passengers must occupy their own seat and be capable of exiting the aircraft unaided.
- Under 18’s must be accompanied by a participating adult.
- 6 seats are available on each flight, advertised price is per person
*All flights are subject to availability, weather conditions and air traffic control.
** Please note: The provider of this experience, Biggin Hill Heritage Hangar / Fly A Spitfire is not affiliated with Spitfire Competitions Ltd. Upon winning, you will receive a pre-paid voucher for you to book this experience at a date of your choice. **
COVID-19: No flight experiences or tours will be taking place until the disruption has passed, however you will be able to book and schedule your flight for a future date – for over a year in advance!